On 27th August AIRT Lab organizes, in conjunction with ECAI 2012, the 1st International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and NetMedicine (NetMed 2012) in Montpellier, France.
The workshop aims to bring together scholars and practitioners active in Artificial Intelligence driven Health Informatics, to present and discuss their research, share their knowledge and experiences, define key research challenges and explore possible international collaborations to advance the intelligent practice of Medicine over the Internet.
The NetMed Workshop collects original contributions on research and application aspects of Artificial Intelligence driven e-Health, coming from all over the world. In particular, areas of interest are:
Tele-Health and Telemonitoring over the Internet
- Collaborative care and communication
- Intelligent devices and instruments
Ontology modeling and reasoning in Health Information Engineering and Systems
- SNOMED CT
Patient care, monitoring and diagnosis
- AI-based clinical decision making
- Clinical Evidence-Based decision support systems
- Architectures of Electronic Health Records
- AI in medical education
Medical knowledge engineering
- Medical data mining
- Modelling and simulation
- Implementation and case studies
- Intelligent Visualization in Medicine
- Intelligent Medical Information Systems
- Intelligent health records
- Automated Reasoning and Metareasoning in Medicine
- Philosophical, Ethical, and Social issues of AI in Medicine
- Extending quality healthcare to rural communities
- Health Informatics in the developing world
The workshop will also introduce some of our most recent contributions to the research, with two papers. The first, first author Luca Palazzo, explores a multi-agent approach to the health systems domain. The second, first author Marta Gentile, compares two different ontologies for the health domain, SNOMED CT and ROME.
The AIRT Lab research group hopes that interesting ideas and discussions will come out of the presentations, demos and the questions that will alternate along the day. Looking forward to an interesting and enjoyable workshop!